COVID-19 Park System Updates
Essex County Park System COVID-19 Updates
Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr., Freeholder President Brendan Gill and Vice President Wayne Richardson announced that Essex County is taking precautions to help stop the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The measures listed below are meant to promote social distancing and help prevent the spread of the virus through public contact.
- Essex County Parks are open and golf courses are open for modified play.
- Visitors are REQUIRED to wear face coverings and practice social distancing.
- Senior buildings in our parks will remain closed.
- Limited permits will be issued.
- Effective May 22nd - permit applications for wedding ceremonies of up to 100 people will be accepted.
- Effective June 22nd - permit applications for non-contact sports will be accepted.
- Effective June 30th - permit applications for High School sports will be accepted.
- Effective July 6th - permit applications for games will be accepted.
- All fishing derbies in the Park System have been cancelled.
- The Essex County Summer Music Concert Series and fireworks displays have been cancelled.