ESSEX COUNTY CODEY ARENA CURRENTLY OPEN FOR LESSONS AND TRAINING. NO PUBLIC SESSIONS OR GROUP LESSONS BEING OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
ONLINE RESERVATION FREESTYLE SESSIONS
**OPEN FREESTYLE SESSIONS WILL NOW BE OFFERED & ALL SESSIONS MUST BE BOOKED ONLINE OR THROUGH YOUR SKATING COACH
$16 per hour; Check the calendar for daily freestyle sessions below (1/18/2021)
ONLINE RESERVATION LINK -
**DISCOUNT CARDS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AND USE EFFECTIVE MONDAY JANUARY 18, 2021.
Please review the updated changes below (*1/2/2021)
Essex County Codey Arena
Changes, Modifications & Protocols
Essex County Codey Arena is currently not open to the general public for sessions. The Arena will be open to pre-registered skaters for lessons & training along with youth and high school hockey practices and games and figure skating team practices.
We recommend all the younger skaters enter the facility fully dressed with skateguards on and a mask. One parent will be allowed in the lobby area of the building only for squirt & mite skaters to assist with skates. All other skaters PeeWee and above must enter the facility fully dressed, except goalies who should come partially dressed. Skaters can carry their skates, helmet and gloves into the arena to their changing area. No hockey bags will be allowed inside the facility. All parents are asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the building.
Skaters will meet parents outside at their vehicle after the session concludes. Parents of mite & squirt skaters should return at the conclusion of the session for pick-up. If the session ends at 4pm, parents are asked to return at 4pm for pick-up.
Parents are required to follow all the same rules and regulations and will be asked to stay within the designated areas and/or in their vehicle. Face coverings are required when entering, while inside the facility and at changing areas, and when exiting. They are also recommended but not required, while on the ice for hockey players. All coaches must wear face coverings while teaching. Figure skaters are required to wear face coverings and gloves while on the ice training and for lessons.
Our changes, modifications and protocols will be enforced at all times. The policies and procedures will be on our website and posted throughout the facility.
Programs being offered through reservations include:
Private ice rental sessions - minimum one hour rental
Figure skating private lessons and training
Hockey private lessons and training
Hockey skill and development training
Programs/Areas not being offered include:
Public Skating, Learn to Skate Group Lessons, Birthday parties, Locker rooms, Water fountains, Showers, Locker rentals
Rigorous cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures are in place as employees will be disinfecting high touch areas between ice sessions. All employees will be wearing appropriate protective equipment during their shifts. Skaters will be assigned areas to get their skates on/off and employees will disinfect those areas after each use.
Skaters, Players, Parents and Coaches are expected to follow these new and revised guidelines.
What to Expect When Attending a Program at the facility:
1. Skaters, players and parents will wait outside until 15 minutes before their scheduled session.
2. Skaters and players are required to be fully dressed in full skating attire and/or gear (except for skates) prior to entering the facility. No hockey bags will be allowed in the facility. All valuables should be left at home or your vehicle. Goalies should come in partially dressed and equipment will be allowed to be put on inside the arena at the changing area.
3. Face coverings are required when entering and exiting the facility and while in the lobby & changing areas. Coverings are required while on the ice for all figure skaters and coaches. Parents must wear face coverings when inside the facility.
4. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at the main entrances to each rink.
5. Office welcome staff will provide skaters with a designated area on where to put skates on. Skaters and players must leave any and all items in that area including skate bags & skate guards (no full hockey bags allowed). Labeled water bottles may be taken out to the ice area and left on the boards by the player benches. Please remove and dispose of all bottles after the session is over.
6. All tissues must be kept in pockets and no coffee mugs or cups will be allowed on the ice or on the boards, only labeled water bottles will be allowed for all skaters and coaches.
7. All coaches/skaters must provide their own adapter to play music with your phone.
8. When each session is over, skaters and players will exit the ice and return to their changing area, keeping social distance. Skaters and players will have only 10 minutes to take off their skates, helmets and gloves and exit the facility. Any additional changing can be done at/within your vehicle.
As we prepare and move forward with our phases, please understand our policies and procedures are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our community. We thank you for your cooperation and patience during this process. We will be working diligently to keep our skaters, coaches, customers and arena employees safe, while providing a fun and exciting environment for skaters. As things continue to progress, some guidelines may change and will be updated. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to seeing everyone back at the rink.
We want to reach out to address the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and outline the precautions we are taking at the Arena. We are serious about taking the necessary steps to help prevent the spread of this virus. We are disinfecting our facility daily. Our cleaning regimen also includes wiping down all surfaces within the Arena to help prevent the spread of germs. We are strongly encouraging all customers and our staff to do the following to ensure consistent personnel hygiene methods.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website:
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings:
We also ask that if you have flu-like symptoms that you choose to stay home from any Arena events you may have until you have consulted your doctor.
Taking these precautionary steps will help maintain the healthiest and safest environment possible for everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns please call us at the office at (973) 731-3828 ext. 0.
UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Essex County Codey Arena is dedicated to maintaining a safe, hygienic environment for our visitors and is mindful of concerns from the public about the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have enhanced our already-robust cleaning procedures by disinfecting high-touch areas, using the recommendations outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Essex County Health Department. You can help by following hygiene best practices, and following the guidance of local health officials. You will also notice handwashing reminders in the bathroom and lobby areas.
We are continually monitoring the changing situation, briefing all team members on the nature and symptoms of COVID-19 and best practices to avoid getting or spreading the disease. Employees are asked to stay home if they’re not feeling well. Staff members have been instructed in proper hand-washing and sanitizing practices.
We rely on the guidance of our Essex County Health Department, the New Jersey State Department of Health, the CDC, WHO, and other public health authorities. Our policies will evolve as public-health experts understand more about the virus. Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees and our guests. We will update our plans as the situation develops.
Arena Management Staff
** CALL MAIN OFFICE - 973.731.3828 EXT. 0 WITH ANY QUESTIONS **