ESSEX COUNTY CODEY ARENA IS OPEN WITH NEW RESTRICTIONS CURRENTLY IN PLACE SET BY THE CDC.
Please review these changes below.
Essex County Codey Arena
Changes, Modifications & Protocols for Reopening
Essex County Codey Arena is currently not open to the general public. We will be open to pre-registered skaters and/or small private rental groups/camps using the ice.
Only one parent will be allowed in the building for skaters 12 years of age and under to assist with skates. Once the skater is on the ice, parents are asked to wait in their vehicle or outside the building. Skaters ages 13 and older should be dropped off for their session while parents wait outside in their vehicle. Skaters ages 6 & under, one parent is allowed to stay while they are on the ice.
Parents should return at the conclusion of the session for pick-up. If the session ends at 4pm, parents are asked to return at 4pm for pick-up.
Parents are required to follow all the same rules and regulations and will be asked to stay within the designated areas and/or in their vehicle. Face coverings are required when entering and inside the facility, and recommended but not required while on the ice for skaters. Coaches must wear face coverings while teaching.
Our changes, modifications and protocols will be enforced at all times. The policies and procedures will be on our website and posted throughout the facility.
Programs we will be offering and taking reservations for include:
Private ice rental sessions (minimum hour rental)
Figure skating private lessons
Youth ice hockey games
Hockey private lessons
Hockey skill and development (small groups/clinics)
Programs/Areas not being offered or used include the following:
Locker rooms and locker rentals
Rigorous cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures are in place as employees will be disinfecting high touch areas between ice sessions. All employees will be wearing appropriate protective equipment during their shifts. Skaters will be assigned areas to get their skates on/off and employees will disinfect those areas after each use.
Skaters, Players, Parents and Coaches are expected to follow these new and revised guidelines.
What to Expect When Attending a Program at the facility:
1. Skaters, players and parents will wait outside until 15 minutes before their scheduled session.
2. Skaters and players are required to be fully dressed in full skating attire and/or gear (except for skates) prior to entering the facility. No hockey bags will be allowed in the facility. All valuables should be left at home or your vehicle. Goalie equipment will be allowed to be put on inside arena at the changing area.
3. Face coverings are required when entering the facility and after exiting the ice. Coverings are required while on the ice for figure skaters and coaches. Parents must wear face coverings when inside the facility.
4. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at the main entrances to each rink.
5. Office welcome staff will provide skaters with a designated area on where to put skates on. Skaters and players must leave any and all items in that area including skate bags & skate guardsv(no full hockey bags allowed). Labeled water bottles may be taken out to the ice area and left on the boards by the player benches. Please remove all bottles after session is over.
6. All tissues must be kept in pockets and no coffee mugs or cups will be allowed on the ice or on the boards, only labeled water bottles will be allowed for all skaters and coaches.
7. All coaches/skaters must provide their own adapter to play music with your phone.
8. When each session is over, skaters and players will exit the ice and return to their changing area, keeping social distance. Skaters and players will have only 15 minutes to take their skates, helmets and gloves off and leave the facility. Any additional changing can be done at/within your vehicle.
As we prepare and move forward with our phases of reopening, please understand our policies and procedures are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our community. We thank you for your cooperation and patience during this process. We will be working diligently to keep our skaters, coaches, customers and arena employees safe while providing a fun and exciting environment for skaters. As things continue to progress, these guidelines may change and will be updated and posted. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We look forward to seeing everyone back at the rink.
We want to reach out to address the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak and outline the precautions we are taking at the Arena. We are serious about taking the necessary steps to help prevent the spread of this virus. We are disinfecting our facility daily. Our cleaning regimen also includes wiping down all surfaces within the Arena to help prevent the spread of germs. We are strongly encouraging all customers and our staff to do the following to ensure consistent personnel hygiene methods.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Stay home when you are sick. Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website:
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings:
We also ask that if you have flu-like symptoms that you choose to stay home from any Arena events you may have until you have consulted your doctor.
Taking these precautionary steps will help maintain the healthiest and safest environment possible for everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns please call us at the office at (973) 731-3828 ext. 0.
UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
Essex County Codey Arena is dedicated to maintaining a safe, hygienic environment for our visitors and is mindful of concerns from the public about the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have enhanced our already-robust cleaning procedures by disinfecting high-touch areas, using the recommendations outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Essex County Health Department. You can help by following hygiene best practices, and following the guidance of local health officials. You will also notice handwashing reminders in the bathroom and lobby areas.
We are continually monitoring the changing situation, briefing all team members on the nature and symptoms of COVID-19 and best practices to avoid getting or spreading the disease. Employees are asked to stay home if they’re not feeling well. Staff members have been instructed in proper hand-washing and sanitizing practices.
We rely on the guidance of our Essex County Health Department, the New Jersey State Department of Health, the CDC, WHO, and other public health authorities. Our policies will evolve as public-health experts understand more about the virus. Our top priority is the health and safety of our employees and our guests. We will update our plans as the situation develops.
Arena Management Staff
FAMILY STICK & PUCK - click on link below
PUBLIC SESSION CALENDAR - click on link below
FREESTYLE SESSION CALENDAR - click on link below
ESSEX CLUB SKATE SESSION CALENDAR - click on link below
** CALL MAIN OFFICE - 973.731.3828 EXT. 0 WITH ANY QUESTIONS **
The ice skating arena is open to the public for skating, group skating lessons, private ice skating lessons and birthday parties. Figure skating sessions and ice hockey camps and clinics are also available year round.