South Mountain Reservation
The South Mountain Reservation, covering 2,110 acres, is a nature reserve that is part of the Essex County Park System. It is located in central in portions of Maplewood, Millburn and West Orange, and borders South Orange, between the first and second ridges of the Watchung Mountains.
What's Happening at South Mountain Reservation
West Orange, NJ 07052
- Olmsted designed landscape
- Scenic Overlook
- Dog Park
- Washington Rock Lookout Historic Site
- Picnic areas
- Hiking trails
- Carriage roads for jogging, horseback riding, & cross-country skiing.
- Girl Scout camp
- Wildlife refuge
- Wildflower Sculpture Park
- South Mountain Recreation Complex